13 Easy Steps
How to Host a Regional Meeting at Your College
1. Set the date.
2. Secure the location.
3. Determine topics and perhaps a “theme” for the day.
4. Identify possible presenters/facilitators—involve a variety of
speakers from inside and outside your organization.
5. Develop and finalize the schedule for your meeting
8. Devise a marketing calendar so you have a plan for sending out
e-mail reminders about your meeting to the listserv.
Hint: a good rule of thumb is every two weeks until a month out,
then every week.
9. E-mail your first meeting notice to the ICCET listserv.
10. Put together a firm agenda for your meeting and send out to your
attendees well in advance of your meeting. You might want to consider
including portions of your agenda in the marketing emails you send out
in the weeks prior to your meeting.
11. Confirm with speakers and special guests.
12. Send out a final email with directions to your campus/building.
13. Host a great regional meeting!