13 Easy Steps
How to Host a Regional Meeting at Your College
1. Set the date.
2. Secure the location.
3. Determine topics and perhaps a “theme” for the day.
4. Identify possible presenters/facilitators—involve a variety of
speakers from inside and outside your organization.
5. Develop and finalize the schedule for your meeting
6. Determine menu for lunch. Reminder: ICCET will reimburse
up to $200 for the food cost.
7. Send your meeting details to the ICCET Professional Development
Chair to be added to the ICCET Calendar & Web site.
8. Devise a marketing calendar so you have a plan for sending out
e-mail reminders about your meeting to the listserv.
Hint: a good rule of thumb is every two weeks until a month out,
then every week.
9. E-mail your first meeting notice to the ICCET listserv.
10. Put together a firm agenda for your meeting. You may want
to use the attached “event plan” to help everyone understand
the flow of events for the day. (add event plan)
11. Confirm with speakers and special guests.
12. Send out a final email with directions to your campus/building.
13. Host a great regional meeting!