Illinois Council for Continuing Education
Illinois Council for Continuing Education and Training (ICCET) strives to support continuing educators in Illinois community colleges to enable them to provide the highest quality programs to meet the needs of constituents within their districts.
The Illinois Council for Continuing Education and Training (ICCET) will strengthen Illinois community college continuing/community education activities and provide a strong network for the exchange of information and best practices on continuing professional education, community services, and personal enrichment courses and promote lifelong learning among members and the communities the membership serves.
A Brief History of Illinois Council for Continuing Education and Training
The Illinois Council on Community Services and Continuing Education (ICCSCE) was formed in 1993 to provide community colleges with an organization that would benefit all areas of community and continuing education. A task force was formed consisting of continuing educators representing the following community colleges: McHenry County College, Elgin Community College, Rock Valley College, Prairie State College and Illinois Valley Community College. The task force reviewed information from the Michigan Council for Continuing Education and Training (MCCET) and modeled ICCSCE after the Michigan organization. Similarly, the task force conceived of the organization as a state affiliate of the national organization, the National Council of Community Services and Continuing Education.
The task force wrote the first by-laws for the organization and marketed ICCSCE to the 48 community colleges to solicit members. In 1997, the National Council on Community Services and Continuing Education voted to change its name to the National Council on Continuing Education and Training (NCCET). ICCSCE adopted the name, Illinois Council for Continuing Education and Training (ICCET) to reflect the name change of the national organization (NCCET).
In 1997, ICCET petitioned and was granted recognition as a commission of the Illinois Council for Community College Administrators (ICCCA). Continued development of identity within the Illinois Community College Board and the President’s Council was pursued. Visibility and recognition, both statewide and through the national organization, has been increasing each year.
Illinois Council for Continuing Education and Training
• 2014 Leslie Partlow – Lake Land College
• 2013 Katie Haas – Lewis & Clark Community College
• 2012 Ruth Kormanak – McHenry County College
• 2011 Angie Coughlin – Heartland Community College
• 2010 Lori Ragland – Rend Lake College
• 2009 Andy Perry – Richland Community College
• 2008 Kris Fay - College of DuPage
• 2007 Mark Mrozinski - Harper College
• 2006 Lesa Norris - Waubonsee Community College
• 2005 Gary Taylor - Heartland Community College
• 2004 Nina Crick - Rock Valley College
• 2003 Cheryl Yount - Lakeland Colleg
• 2002 Terri Dousias - Prairie State College
• 2001 Catherine Wilhelms - Rock Valley College
• 2000 Barry Hancock - John A. Logan College
• 1999 MaryBeth Trakinat - Heartland Community College
• 1998 Rebecca Strong - McHenry County College
Illinois Council on Community Services and Continuing Education
• 1996-97 Joan Simon - Prairie State College
• 1995-96 Jim Gray - McHenry County College
• 1994-95 Dan Timko - Rock Valley College
• 1993-94 Jim Kafka - Illinois Valley Community College